Monday, March 7, 2011

Satan is Beautiful.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what the biblical context for Satan and Satan being beautiful is. I know there's Ezekiel 28, but after further research, many say it's more open to interpretation. But from very personal experience I can say this much...

Satan is beautiful on the outside. He's beautiful, and so are the puppets he uses to cause us to fall. I came across one last week, he was a skeleton in my closet, if you will. I had forgotten about his attractiveness, until I saw him. His eyes were sparkling blue and his voice was as smooth as silk. His heart, completely black & cold...but on the outside he's magnificent. The eyes & the voice envelope me and it's so hard to break free and run in the other direction. It's like I'm stuck in a hypnosis. But I have freedom in Christ who died for me..there's no reason for me to die too. The only dying I'll be doing anymore is to my flesh. I envision myself on that cross instead of Jesus..all for the sake of my soul being free. As I type this, I can still feel Satan's hold on me. My flesh doesn't want to let go of something do pleasing. But I have to stay strong. I have to do this.

I want to live abundantly, as Jesus intended me to once He died. I want the fullness of the Holy Spirit all day everyday. Nothing compares to being used by God and feeling His love and witnessing His glory. I want that. all the time. The price? Self-crucifixion. Being a Christ-follower doesn't mean we're supposed to stay in our comfort zones, enjoying all our earthly pleasures, as we thank Jesus for dying for us. We're supposed to die with Jesus. Follow Christ. Follow His footsteps. Self denial, it's not pretty...but that's why it's called a crucifixion. It's painful. But worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment